Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any more questions please get in touch email@example.com
- How much time will the BSKC take?
Our paperwork is minimal so this should not take long – we have templates of parent consents etc on the website. The practice and racing will usually involve 2 weekday evenings in February.
- Does a teacher have to attend the sessions?
We like to have a teacher from each school on site but if this is not possible then as long as the correct paperwork is completed a parent can act as loco parentis.
- Do other schools help to fund the BSKC entries?
Yes, but this is entirely down to the schools. Teams get support that ranges from 100% (including all travel) to 0% and everywhere in between. Schools have used funds from a great number of different sources (STEM, Talented & Gifted, etc).
- How do other schools use the BSKC?
This is different for every school. Take a look at a few of the case studies that have been published for some fantastic examples.
- How old do the students have to be to take part?
Any age from 13 to 18 years old as of 1st January 2017 for the BSKC 2017.
- If students are under 18 does a teacher/ parent / guardian need to attend the events?
Yes. All drivers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a member of staff or parent acting in loco parentis.
One adult acting in loco parentis can sign on behalf of all competing students from a single school.
- How many drivers to a team?
There must be 3 drivers exactly in your team for all events – of these 3 only 1 can have held an MSA Race licence at a level higher than Karting National B Novice. If less than 3 drivers are available then the team can attend but will have to sit out sessions.
- Can drivers be changed between teams after the practice session?
Yes and no.
Schools that enter more than one team can change drivers between teams after the practice session. Schools that only enter one team can't.
- Can a team skip the practice and just do the local-final?
No. In the interest of safety all drivers have to demonstrate experience of driving the karts, and that they know the circuit before racing in the local-finals.
- What if I a student has an MSA kart racing license?
The BSKC is not an MSA event so students will still have to drive in the practice session.
- What if we can't make the practice session?
Please contact the Championship Organiser to arrange seperate sessions.
- What is the minimum height?
1.57m (5ft 2) - this is a strict requirement.
- How many teams can a school enter?
There is no limit to the number of teams a school can enter. If your school enters 8 teams you will have your own events and guarantee teams get into the Regional Final!
- How much does the championship cost to enter?
£60.0 per driver (£180.0 per team).
- What does the entry fee include?
It pays for your entry into the Practice Session and Local Final event at your local hosting circuit.
- If a team progresses, how much does the Regional Final cost?
Nothing! It is free of charge to those teams that qualify.
- How much will the National Final cost?
Again, nothing! It is free of charge to those teams that qualify.
- What about travelling to the National Final - will this be expensive?
Not always, the BSKC has a travel bursary that can be offered to teams that are struggling to pay for travel costs to the National Final.
- How do we pay for entry in to the championship?
You can pay via credit card, bank transfer, or cheque.
Cheques should be made payable to:
... and sent to:
British Automobile Racing Club Limited
For bank transfers, please email us for details firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: that when paying by cheque or bank transfer, you should email us to confirm you have sent payment. Cheques should have your booking reference number written on the back of the cheque